It’s about 2 weeks into this challenge (waking up at 4 am every day), and this is what I have learnt so far:
1. You have about one extra hour per day
2. You substitute unproductive evening time for productive morning time
3. It gives you an opportunity to focus more energy on your career/exercise/passion projects
4. It calms work anxiety; you feel more prepared for the day ahead
5. You might sacrifice family time (danger!)
I will elaborate on these points once I have completed the challenge.
I encourage anyone who can’t seem to find the time for work/exercise/creative projects to give this concept a try. Even if you just have that extra hour a day to plan your schedule you might find that you unlock even more time.
I completed my January push-up challenge! #happy
100 push-ups per day for a whole month is totally achievable. Muscles adapt to the exercise regime. I did a total of 3121 push-ups during the month and recorded most of it.
Did I gain a six pack? Hell no!
Did I lose fat? Hell no! I still look like a marshmallow!
BUT, my arms firmed up, my shoulders broadened a bit and my chest firmed up.
My body feels better, and that is all that matters!
I will/have posted the video of my challenge on Youtube (it is currently uploading as I am typing this).
So…. now on to the next challenge: waking up at 4 AM every day. As I am writing this, it is 4:40 AM on the 2nd of February – meaning that this challenge is already paying dividends in terms of me being more productive in my world of creativity.
I will be using the extra time in the morning to focus on the following areas:
- Getting ahead of normal work (checking emails, doing work, etc)
- Reading and writing for my Master’s mini-dissertation (I have a deadline of 31 Oct 2019, but I might as well complete as much of my mini-dissertation during this challenge)
- Doing some spiritual maintenance (reading, praying, etc)
- Exercising (weights, push-ups)
- CREATIVE WORK!! (idea generation, writing scripts, editing, etc!)
I am definitely most excited for number 5 above.
Let’s see how the 4am challenge goes!