Tag: 50mm

Bokeh! | Haze | Blur

What do you with a 50mm lens?

One suggestion is to try out what the photographic geeks call “bokeh”. It’s a Japanese word meaning “haze” or “blur” (thanks Wikipedia). A part of the picture is in focus (subject or foreground) and the rest of the picture is out of focus (usually background). Examples below:

What do Afrikaners do with a 50mm lens? Braai-bokeh!


What do you do with a 50mm lens at a kiddies party? Bubbles-bokeh!