So, 2019 has kicked off and we are almost done with JanuWORRY. We have received the January paycheck (hopefully you have!) and now we can start paying off some of that December holidaying credit card debt.
Some people have “new year’s resolutions” and some people don’t. I have a low success rate when it comes to new year’s resolutions, so I thought it would be interesting to try something different for 2019. The thing that I am trying out isn’t something that is novel or super unique – because let’s be honest, most of our ideas and spurts of creativity are in some ways birthed by others. There are things, people and events that INSPIRE us. So how unique can our ideas or creative projects really be, given that they are a reflection of the impression or inspiration that was passed to us through others? Don’t get me wrong, I really do think that art and creativity are very important mediums and methods of expressing the way we feel and think about situations. Art can also be used as a tool to document a social or cultural state, or a tool to communicate certain things. I digress.
My new year’s resolution is to do a month-long challenge for every month of 2019. I will be documenting my challenges through videos, pictures and writing. I am hoping to post some of the experiences that I have had on these challenges on Youtube, and this would enable me to satisfy my yearning to produce videos/films/stories.
My January challenge is to do 100 pushups every day for a whole month. At day 26 (26 January) I am still going strong and have not missed a day of pushups. It is an easy exercise that requires almost no investment – all that you have to do is put in some time! I have filmed most of my sets and also a few of the thoughts that I have had whilst doing this challenge. I will be posting a final video about this challenge in early February.
I will have lots of time to edit my videos in February, as this particular month’s challenge will entail waking up at 4 am every single day. I want to see just how productive I can be by adopting this early-riser lifestyle.
So far my challenges for the year are:
- January – Do 100 Pushups per day
- February – Waking up at 4 am every day
- March – Run 5 times per week (minimum of 3km)
- April – No sugar or pizza
- May – Intermittent fasting
- June – Read a book every week (4 books for the month)
- July – Document the food that I eat
- August – Eat only salads for lunch
- September – No social media
- October – Run a 10km every week
- November – Draw the human face every day (self portrait perhaps?)
- December – Daily gratitude journal
In addition to the challenges above, I will be doing year long challenges, which include:
- Taking a selfie every day in order to stitch together an epic time lapse for 2019
- Taking a 1 sec video every day in order to stitch together an epic video of 2019
Let’s see how it goes!